Emergency Financial Assistance and Other Support
GLHF helps people cope with the financial challenges of living with a bleeding disorder. We also provide other forms of assistance that create opportunities and enrich lives.
Emergency Financial Assistance
Our Patient Financial Assistance (PFA) Program helps individuals and families living with a bleeding disorder access affordable health care through assistance with insurance premiums, medical bills, emergency basic living expenses and medical ID jewelry.
To qualify, a patient/family must:
- Be a Wisconsin resident or receive care from a Wisconsin Hemophilia Treatment Center
- Have a diagnosis of Hemophilia, von Willebrand disease or other bleeding disorder served by Great Lakes Hemophilia Foundation (GLHF)
- Complete a Patient Financial Assistance application and meet the financial needs requirements
To apply for assistance:
Speak with your Hemophilia Treatment Center social worker to begin the application process, or contact Karin at 414.937.6782 with questions.
Medical ID Support Program
Our Medical ID Support Program assists patients with the purchase of a medical ID bracelet. GLHF recognizes the importance of medical IDs in patients receiving necessary care when they are unable to speak for themselves.
To qualify for a medical ID bracelet from GLHF you must:
- Receive care from a Wisconsin Hemophilia Treatment Center for Hemophilia, von
Willebrand Disease, or other bleeding disorder served by GLHF
- View the cost of a Medical ID bracelet as a barrier prohibiting you from purchasing
Bracelets may be requested by:
- Individuals 13 years old and older- every five years, or as needed
- Children ages 0-12 years old – every two years to accommodate growth, or as needed
- Special jewelry, such as infant ID’s, will be approved with prior consent
Other Types of Assistance
We provide other forms of support to help our clients live their lives with more choices and fewer limitations:
- Scholarships for college and for career development
- Camperships that give all children the life-changing experience of Camp Klotty Pine
- Washington Days Travel Grant for members of our community traveling with GLHF to Capitol Hill for lobbying and advocacy training
If you have questions about an of GLHF’s Financial Assistance opportunities, contact:
Karin Koppen, Program and Services Coordinator
You can ensure that this critical financial assistance and other support continues by making a gift today.