Pain Management for Adults
Pain is a serious medical concern in America. For those with a bleeding disorder, pain as a result of a bleeding episode can result in acute and/or chronic pain issues. This toolkit provides resources about many pain related issues in the form of:
- presentations (recorded webinars, videos)
- downloads (articles, documents)
- links to other resources
If you or a loved one need help, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration’s (SAMHSA) National Helpline is a confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, information service, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing mental health and/or substance use disorders.
View presentations, downloads and links to other resources including:
- Pain Management and Opioid Dependency (webinar)
- Young Adults Hangout: Creative Strategies for Coping with Pain
- National Hemophilia Foundation, Hemaware Pain Management
- Center for Disease Control (CDC): These resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention addresses prescription opioid use and communication between patient and provider.
- Arthritis Foundation: Leading the fight for the arthritis community, the Arthritis Foundation helps conquer everyday battles through life-changing information and resources, access to optimal care, advancements in science and community connections.
- Arthritis Pain Management: This comprehensive list of resources addresses a plethora of concerns related to pain associated with arthritis.
- “Treating Pain with Medical Marijuana”: This article from the Arthritis Foundation addresses the use of medical marijuana for arthritis and it’s potential benefits and cautions.
*HFA strongly encourages patients and caregivers to consult with their healthcare provider and follow all appropriate laws and regulations regarding medical marijuana in the state in which you reside.
- Links to Other Resources:
Source: Hemophilia Federation of America (HFA).