Artist: Ami, 2020
This has been a year unlike any other. COVID-19 turned our world upside down. Never in my nine years with GLHF have the words of our mission been more relevant and essential:
To Educate, Support and Advocate for the Bleeding Disorders Community of Wisconsin.
While the world looks vastly different, our programs are still critical. Back in March, we moved swiftly to launch a COVID-19 needs assessment to gauge the feelings and needs of our clients. They identified feelings of fear and isolation and the need for COVID-19 information, connection and education.
Using these identified needs to guide us, our team has been mindfully creating programming and services that meet the direct needs of our clients. Since March, together we have:
- Helped 52 families pay rent, purchase groceries, and maintain insurance coverage.
- Become a trusted resource for vetted COVID-19 information sharing nearly 110 articles and sending weekly, then monthly newsletters covering the most up-to-date information and resources for our readers.
- Re-imagined and executed a week-long Virtual Camp Klotty Pine for 22 kids.
- Partnered with Hemophilia Treatment Centers to assess the needs of patients and providers.
- Held 10 virtual, live programs, providing education and a sense of community to more than 200 people.
- Launched a health and wellness series to encourage exercise and healthy choices, hosting 10 events including yoga, meditation, healthy cooking and stretching.
This pandemic has caused many of us to reflect on the people and places we hold most dear and focus on our hopes for the future. Though we’ve had to adjust how we work and live, two things remain the same: the importance of friends like you and our dedication to those living with bleeding disorders. Every day, your continued support makes our work possible.
While COVID-19 seemed to stop our normal lives, it did not stop the diagnosis of bleeding disorders or the needs of our clients. That’s why our goal for this campaign is to raise $10,000 by December 31, 2020. Your support makes a real, lasting impact for people impacted by a bleeding disorder. No amount is too small. We simply cannot do it without you!
THANK YOU for trusting GLHF with your continued support. Kindly use the enclosed donation envelope to donate, or visit glhf.org/donate to make your contribution online.
As we look toward the future, we sincerely appreciate you and your passion for our mission.
Warmest wishes to you and your family,
Danielle Leitner Baxter
As part of the CARES Act, changes to tax benefits were made to incentivize charitable giving. The CARES Act re-incentivizes charitable giving by creating a $300 above the line deduction for qualified charitable contributions. This deduction is available to all taxpayers that take the standard deduction on their 2020 tax return.